Disability Adaptations, wet rooms
Disability Adaptations wet rooms understanding the needs of clients has always been our main priority. This understanding allows us to help maximise both practicality and freedom within the home.There are many adaptations and specialist goods that we can provide, which help to give back some independence to our customer and also ease of use for their caregiver. We use only recommended major companies for all disabled adaptation equipment who provide after sales care.Please contact us for a Free quotation and survey of your premises.
Help in funding adaptations.
Help may be available for funding of your adaptations please visit local council website or visit the government’s website for guides on funding your adaptations or click here .
Minor adaptations which don’t need a referral
Examples of minor adaptations :
- Handrail at front or rear entrance of dwelling
- Provision of whirly clothes line or path leading to clothes line
- Widening of paths around the property
- Defining steps for people with visual impairments
- Re-siting of coal bunkers
- Outdoor lighting
General internal adaptations
- Additional stair rail
- Changing door knobs to lever handles
- Lowering of Yale locks
- Re-siting of electrical sockets at a convenient level
- Additional power points
- Provision of rocker light switches
- Adjustments to or additional lighting
- Relocation of clothes hanging rails
- Accessible window openings
- Provision of letter cages or delivery shelves in entrance hall.
Kitchens and bathrooms
- Lowering or replacement of high wall hung cupboards
- Additional storage space in kitchen
- Lowering of cooker mains switch
- Installation of extractor fan with accessible controls.